Friday, May 29, 2009

Invincible Athletics?

Rather than trying to plan this article meticulously, I'm just going to write.
I picked up the book 'Body, Mind and Sport' up at the bookshop in 1994
The first thing to state is that I don't agree with most of what's written. I don't need anyone to tell me what I should eat. I certainly don't need someone telling me when to get up in the morning. And closing your eyes twice a day is not the way to live a full life.
But the concept of exercise was interesting. Most people treat exercise as some form of punishment. You either do it or you do not. We were never shown the middle ground.
It was always this or that.
"I drink" or "I don't"
"I exercise" or "I don't do fuck all exercise anymore"

Basically, in terms of exercise, we have been persuaded to kill ourselves.
I mean, ok, pain is sometimes necessary. But isn't life full of enough pain without trying to consciously go looking for it? If you find yourself facing pain then by all means contemplate those great truths. Some of us have really been there. But with conscious exercise, there can be a middle road, and in terms of exercise maybe this book can help you find that. But please make your own decisions.

More on this later (maybe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home